What you will need:
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 banana
- 1 and 1/8 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup nuts and fruits
How you make it:
- Preheat your oven to 350* F (you can do this later too)
- In a bowl, mix the cream cheese, sugar, egg, banana and butter until smooth.
- Stir in the flour, baking soda, nuts and fruits (preferably dried) until it is all combined.
- Pour the batter into a loaf pan, which should be pre-buttere/pre-oiled.
- Bake it for about an hour. Check with a tooth pick to see if it is done completely. You can tell if the toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool it in the pan for 10 minutes, and viola! You have banana nut bread! Easy right?
- Depending on your oven, you might be able to get off by baking it for a few minutes less.
- In my case 1 hour was a bit too long and you can see that the bottom of the bread looks a little browner than the rest of the bread. It was slightly burnt but it didn’t make that much of a difference.