What you will need:
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1.5 cups white sugar
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 lemons, juiced
How you make it:
- Preheat your oven to 350* F (you can do this later too)
- In a bowl, mix the softened butter, 2 cups of flour, and the 1/2 cup of white sugar
- Press the mix into a 9×13 inch pan
- Bake it for 15-20 minutes, or until it becomes golden.
- While that is baking, in another bowl, put in the remaining 1.5 cups of white sugar, 1/4 cup flour.
- After adding the eggs and lemon juice, whisk the mix together.
- Pull out the other mix from the oven, which is now the crust.
- Add the egg and lemon whisked mix on the top of the crust and bake for another 20 minutes.
- The bars will firm up as they cool. Cut them into 2 inch squares and serve!
- I would make sure to use 2 big lemons or maybe 3 small lemons. Mine was not as lemony as it should have been.
- I would also use less butter if that is possible, because feedback told me that the crust was overpoweringly buttery.